汉语中有很多成语,它们让我们的表达更精炼、传神;同样,英语里也有很多习语,学一些这样的习语,可以让我们的英语表达更地道!

1.down in the dumps 闷闷不乐、丧“丧”用英语怎么说?——教你5个地道的英语短语(二)

Don't be so down in the dumps, you're going on holiday tomorrow!

不要这么闷闷不乐,明天你就要放假了!

Oh it's Monday again, no wonder I feel so down in the dumps.

又是周一,难怪我感觉这么丧。

July has been so down in the dumps since her boyfriend left her.

自从男朋友离开她后,朱莉就一直这么萎靡不振。

2.To cut a long story short 长话短说I spoke to the boss and to cut a long story short, I'm getting a promotion!

我昨天和领导谈话了。长话短说,我获得了晋升!

I met Lucy last year and to cut a long story short, we getting married tomorrow!

我去年遇到了露西,长话短说,我们明天就要结婚了!

3. just the ticket 正好/正是(表示强调)I think a new art gallery will be just the ticket for improving the image of the town and encouraging more people to visit.

我认为一个新的美术馆正好能提升这个城镇的形象,鼓励更多人来旅游。

Our car has got seven seats, so it's just the ticket for taking all the kids to football practice every week.

我们的车有7个座位,正好能载着所有孩子去参加每周的足球训练。

4.Do a runner! 逃离/避开(通常是让人难以应对或让人不舒服的环境)“丧”用英语怎么说?——教你5个地道的英语短语(二)

The new trainee did a runner after the first day – I don't think he could cope with the high-pressure environment.

新的实习生第一天上班后就离开了,我想他不能应对这个高压力的工作环境。

When they started to blame me for the mistake, I felt it best to do a runner and keep out of the way.

当他们开始责怪我的错误,我想我最好躲远点,不让他们看见。

5.not gonna lie 说实话/不是吹的1.说实话(当你要说一些直率、可能会伤人的话时)

Not gonna lie Feifei, you do look a little tired.

说实话,菲菲,你看起来确实有点累。

Slow down! You really are a terrible driver Mark, not gonna lie.

开慢一点,马克!说实话你真是一个糟糕的司机。

2.不是吹的(当你要说一些自夸的话时)

I love recording these programmes. Though I'm not gonna lie, I'm the best presenter in the team.

我喜欢收集方案,不是吹的,我是这个团队最好的展示者。

Not gonna lie, I absolutely love my job. I feel so happy when I walk through the office door every day.

不是吹的,我非常喜欢我的工作。每天走进办公室我都很高兴。

阿卡索——你不能错过的在线英语口语教育平台。

“丧”用英语怎么说?——教你5个地道的英语短语(二)

发送私信“我想上课”领取限时免费的在线口语外教课程。