英国某调查公司曾调查了4300位英国成年人,结果发现人人都会说一些谎言,当然这些谎言是属于在某些特定环境下的善意谎言,他们认为“作为一个民族我们痴迷于礼貌,不想让他人感到不适”。当然有时候,善意的谎言是可以更好处理人际关系的方式。今天来看看向来以绅士著称的英国人会说哪些“谎”,你又是否说过呢?

1. I had no signal.

(那会儿)手机没信号。

2. I haven't got any cash on me.

我身上没带钱。

3. Nothing's wrong --- I'm fine.

没事,我挺好的。

4. You look lovely.

你真漂亮(帅)。

5. Nice to see you.

看到你真高兴。

6. I'll give you a ring.

我会给你打电话。

7. We're just good friends.

我们只是好朋友而已啦。

8. We'll have to meet up soon.

咱们很快会再见。

9. I'm on my way.

我在路上呢。

10. No, your bum doesn't look big in that.

你的屁股穿那种裤子并不显大。

11. Sorry, I missed your call.

抱歉,我没收到你的电话。

12. I'll give up tomorrow.

明天起我就改。

13. I'm not angry with you.

我没生你的气。

14. The traffic was bad.

路上堵车了。

15. I've had this for ages.

这东西我早就有了。

16. It wasn't that expensive.

没那么贵。

17. This will be my last pint.

就喝这最后一杯了。

18. I didn't get your text.

没收到你的短信。

19. Of course I love you.

我当然爱你了。

20. Our server was down.

我们的主机出故障了。

21. I wasn't driving that fast.

我车开的没那么快。

22. My alarm didn't go off.

我设的闹铃没响。

23. The cheque is in the post.

支票已经寄出去了。

24. You're looking well.

你看起来气色很好。

25. I'd love to see you again.

真想再见到你。

26. My battery died.

电池没电了。

27. It's not you, it's me.

不是你,全怪我。

28. The train was delayed.

火车晚点了。

29. I only have a little flutter.

就有一点儿紧张。

30. I'm going to the gym tonight.

我晚上要去健身房。

31. I don't eat too much --- I have a slow metabolism.

我吃不多,消化慢。

32. My watch stopped.

我的表停了。

33. No, I'm afraid I haven't got a spare five minutes.

抱歉,我连5分钟空闲时间都没有。

34. I've got a call on the other line.

那边的电话响了。

35. I'll phone you back in a minute.

我马上给你回电话。

36. I've got a terrible cold.

感冒了,特难受。

37. This tastes delicious!

这东西真好吃!

38. I didn't have that much to drink.

我没喝多少。

39. I've been in meetings all day.

开了一天会。

40. I stayed in and had a quiet one.

我就在家呆着,什么也没干。

41. It was THIS BIG.

有这么大呢!

42. I'm working late tonight.

我今晚要干活到很晚。

43. I bought the last one.

我买的是最后一个。

44. I'm not ready for a relationship.

我还不想开始一段感情。

45. It's just what I've always wanted.

这正是我想要的啊。

46. I'm going to have one more for the road

再喝一杯就走。

47. I wrote your number down incorrectly.

我把你的电话号码记错了。

48. You look like you've lost weight.

看起来你苗条多了。

49. My car wouldn't start.

我这车打不着火了。

50. I didn't realise you fancied him/ her too.

我不知道你也喜欢他(她)。